Busy Enrichment Box
The Aim of the Game "Busy Box" is to make a homemade game box to keep your dog busy. The busy box is an excellent Canine Enrichment game for rainy or hot days when the dogs are cooped up inside. You can save up your toilet or paper towel rolls and cardboard boxes ahead of time so you are ready to design your busy box.
- This is best played off leash in a secured environment
- Food or treats
- A ball or toy can be substituted
- Boxes or bottles of different sizes
- A large box to put everything in
Step by Step
- Start by showing your dog how to get the treats out of all the boxes or bottles or toilet paper rolls you have collected. Do this outside of the big box first.
- This will help eliminate any destructive behaviors that come from frustration.
- Continue showing your dog how to play the game each item by themselves, one at a time.
- Then you can place the items one at a time inside the box so the dog can learn the game is continuing inside the box.
- The last step will be to combine your items all together inside the box.
To keep your dog from digging in the trash when you don’t want them to, remember to play your games in the same location inside your house. Teach your dog the "Leave it" cue around trash they should not have. Finally, use good management and don’t leave trash where the dog has access to it.
If your dog is too rough with cardboard, you can switch to pieces of PVC.
The Genius Level
The Genius level of this game will be shown when we launch our Canine Mastermind Online Course in January 2020.