Agility is the exciting dog sport where dogs learn to cross over, crawl through, and climb over obstacles such as tunnels, jumps, and weave poles. This class is for everyone looking to spend some fun time with their dogs and/or looking to compete.
Dogs love this stuff and don't even realize it's training! These classes are also great for owners wanting to gain better off-leash trust with their dogs. This is an all-breed and mixed-breed sport. Agility satisfies the needs of high-energy dogs and builds confidence in shy dogs.
The Wags & Wiggles Agility Program is run by serious competitors, however, the classes are basic enough for anyone - including brand new students! We focus on the skills that will build a team between you and your dog, whether you decide to compete at the highest level or decide you just want to do it for fun.
- Must be non-aggressive, have a 5 second sit/stay, and come when called
- Dogs must be at least 4 months of age and in good health
- Any dog that shows lack of control or reactivity will be required to complete Zen Dog before rejoining class
- 6 students per agility class
- Foundation through Competition
- Private instruction available
- Class is 6 weeks at $150
Open House Requirements:
- Must have pre-approval from a Wags Instructor
- Dog must be at least 10 months old
- Dog must have completed at least Foundation in the last 6 months
- Open House is setup for semi-self instruction. The area is divided into 2-3 areas with 1-2 instructors. Small setups allow for short sequence or obstacle training. One area will be setup for handling instruction while the other 2 areas are setup for obstacle practice on your own. Each person has access to each area for 4 minute intervals.
- Must be crate trained and parent must bring a portable crate for in between sessions
- Dog must be comfortable and friendly in close quarters with other people and dogs
REGISTER for Agility Classes