Dog Parkour combines elements of human parkour and dog agility to create an accessible activity for dogs and humans alike. Dogs get introduced to the world of jumping, climbing, balancing over, crawling under, and going around different obstacles in their everyday world. Parkour can be done anywhere and is limited only by one’s imagination. Dog Parkour helps with confidence and overcoming fears, and it is a low impact but challenging activity for any canine athlete.
This curriculum is different than our Sport Dog Series. This class focuses on finding parkour challenges with real-life objects. This class starts in the classroom and then follows up with real-life training in public.
What is covered in Parkour?
- Proper Assist
- Getting On Objects
- How to use real-life objects
This class will give you the skills to earn titles through the International Dog Parkour Association.
- Sport Dog Level 1 or Foundation Agility is a pre-requisite (or instructor approval). Dogs must be non-aggressive.
- Dogs must be 5 months or older
- Classes are 6 weeks long, $150.
- This class is NOT available for the Training For Life Program.